There’s nothing quite like Valentine’s Day for an excuse to bake & eat some delicious sweet pastries and chocolates! These Fudgy Valentine’s Brownies with Heart Frosting are one of my favorites – pretty, bite-sized, and with the creamiest cream cheese frosting. They make the perfect Valentine’s treat!
Fudgy Valentine’s Brownies with Heart Frosting
- large metal baking pan
- nonstick spray
- large saucepan
- medium bowl
- electric mixer
- 3 small bowls
- small baggies/zip lock bags
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
Cream Cheese Heart Frosting:
- ½ cup of unsalted butter 1 stick, softened
- 4 ounces of Philly cream cheese softened
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar depending on desired sweetness
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (325° F)
- Prepare a large metal baking pan by placing foil inside. I recommend spraying the foil with nonstick spray.
- Stir the butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan over low heat. Once the chocolate has melted, remove it from the heat.
- Add sugar and eggs one at a time, making sure to mix and whisk throughout.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and espresso powder. Continue to mix and whisk.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and stir. Make sure it’s well blended as otherwise, the brownies will be clumpy.
- Pour the batter over the metal baking pan. Place in the oven.
- The approximate backing time of the brownies is 20 minutes. Continue to check as they can burn from one moment to the next. The top should look dry and the mixture should have risen to twice its original size. Poke the brownies with a stick – if the stick is a little moist, and the top of the brownies is dry, then you’re good to go! Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- Once cooled, use a small round cookie cutter to make the circular brownies.
Delicious yumminess, just in time for Valentine’s Day!