Making your own Christmas cards is a fun and frugal way to personalize your Christmas greetings. Just imagine the pleasant surprise of receiving a unique, hand worked card instead of the usual Xmas cards on sale!
I made these 3 easy Christmas card designs this year to give to my friends. Each comes with its own template – easy to print and then cut as directed. Enjoy them, give the cards away, and be creative with them! I would love to see pictures of the designs if you make them at home. (Just post them on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/homelifeabroad)
1) Snowman card: Download template
2) Merry Christmas card: Download template
3) Christmas tree card: Download template
- Print your template on paper. Regular paper printer works okay, thicker paper is best, but you can pick out any paper you want.
- Stick your print-out to your cutting mat. If you don’t have a cutting mat, a kitchen cutting board may do as well. I use Micropore medical tape to carefully stick the paper onto the mat – it doesn’t tear the paper once removed, nor does it leave sticky residue.
- You will need a paper cutter and a ruler for edges.
- Start cutting out the grey areas. You always want to work from the inside out as the paper will be weakened.
- Use your finger to stabilize the paper and not allow it to break off.
- Once the design is cut, use the ruler to cut the sides of the card. Fold the result into a card.
- Use another paper within the card to create a background. You can write on it or design something on it as well.
- Enjoy your paper cut Christmas card & rest your fingers!
Disclaimer: These are my designs so please don’t steal. Feel free to link to this post and use the image for linking but do attribute this site as a source and link to the post.