Most of you know, that I love cooking, and whenever I have a chance, I try to learn new things. So a couple of months ago I found a show called “Gordon Ramsay’s Ultimate Cookery Course” on Canal Cocina (Spanish version of Food Network).
I’m addicted to this show! Really love the tips and tricks Gordon shares and how he makes cooking easy and fun. Who would have thought that a chef who owns 9 Michelin stars makes a great teacher!
I have tried 2 of his recipes at home. His Homemade Potato and Ricotta Gnocchi recipe were good, but I’m not sure if I would repeat it. The second recipe I tried was Italian Meatballs – delicious, mouthwatering and really easy to make!
- For the meatballs:
- 3 tbsp fine white breadcrumbs
- A little milk, to soak
- 200g minced beef
- 200g minced pork
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- ½ bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Flour, to dust
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the tomato sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- ½ red chili, finely sliced
- Splash of white wine
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Small bunch of basil
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- Tip the breadcrumbs into a bowl, pour on just enough milk to cover and set aside. Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- For the tomato sauce, heat the olive oil and fry the shallots, garlic, and chili for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Deglaze the pan with a splash of white wine, add the tinned tomatoes, basil, and seasoning. Let the sauce simmer for 5-10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- For the meatballs, put the minced beef and pork into a bowl, add the garlic, parsley, and Parmesan. Squeeze the breadcrumbs to remove excess milk and add to the bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the mixture into balls, the size of a walnut, and dust in flour. Heat the olive oil and fry the meatballs until golden.
- Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce and then transfer to an ovenproof dish. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or rice.